Assistant Manager Needed for Co-operative Grocery Store in Chicago
The Dill Pickle Food Co-op, a cooperatively owned grocery store opening in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood, is seeking an Assistant Manager. Logan Square is a vibrant, upcoming neighborhood 3 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. With a very popular summer farmer's market, demand is high for healthy, ethical, local and organic food options year-round in a neighborhood retail grocery. The Dill Pickle Food Co-op currently has over 400 member-owners and is completing build-out on a 1400 sq. ft. retail space, with an anticipated opening date of early November.
We are looking for an assistant manager to come on board soon to help open the doors and work with our General Manager to make the store a success. Qualified applicants will have:
- At least one year of management experience with a preference for those supervisory experience hiring, training, motivating or scheduling.
- Organized; consistently follows through on commitments
- Knowledge of current trends in natural foods industry
- Excellent communications skills, ability to provide clear directions; good listener;
- Basic command of computer applications
- Experience in the Natural Product Industry is highly preferred as well as related purchasing and merchandising skill sets.
- Knowledge of and experience with category management is a definite plus
This is a full-time position, with competitive salary and benefits. To see a more complete job description, go to http://dillpickle.coop/jobs. To apply send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Resumes received by Thursday, October 8
will be given first priority.
Download a full job description